We are KMD Studley
KMD Studley provides specialized commercial real estate advisory services to sophisticated clients doing business in the Central Texas growth corridor – Austin, San Antonio and the IH-35 connector.
Our firm is the result of a unique affiliation between KMD Realty Advisors, founded by partners and owners Bart Koontz, Red McCombs, and Marshall Davidson, our Managing Principal, and New York-based Studley, the premier international provider of corporate tenant representation services. Prior to organizing KMD, Davidson was a senior commercial real estate advisor with Cushman & Wakefield in Houston and had served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps.
Our practice focuses on these specialized services:
- Office, industrial and retail tenant representations
- Representing users in corporate relocations (existing space, site selection, and build-to-suits).
- Advising clients on property sales and long-term ground leases and users on purchases or assemblages
- Structuring complex deals integrating long-term tenancies and built-to-suit facilities
- Providing comprehensive real estate services to energy, energy service, and transmission and transportation companies active in the South Texas Eagle Ford Shale play.
Learn more about our services and processes
Our Primary Marketplace
Austin, San Antonio and the IH-35 Connector:
We based our practice in Austin and San Antonio and the IH-35 corridor that connects them because high-growth Central Texas is internationally recognized as a great place to live and do business. The job and population growth pattern here has been compared to that of the high growth years of the Los Angeles/San Diego/IH-5 corridor.
Austin is a unique blend of music and food culture, natural and built landscape, educational institutions and strong entrepreneurial spirit that keep the city thriving. According to the 2013 U.S. Census, 8 of the 15 fastest-growing metros for the year ending July 1, 2012 were in Texas including the state’s capital: Austin. Forbes 2013 magazine ranked Austin as America’s #1 fastest-growing city with a projected growth rate from 2011-2016 of 6.1%, a population growth rate of 2.8%, and a current MSA population of 1.8 million people.
Learn more about our market